Today was easy, I came up with 40 items in less than five minutes. And no, my 40 items weren't just 40 pieces of junk mail!
Some items were harder to get rid of than others. I have a really hard time letting go of my kids' clothing and stuff, even though our family is complete and I will not be needing it again. I can remember who gave Punkin that dress, or where we were when we picked something out for Sir Chubbs. There are special memories attached to each item.
Some things, like my kids toys, super easy! Especially the noisy, annoying ones!
I will post pictures, knowing this blog is anonymous. There are rooms of my house which are like a bad episode of Hoarders. It's embarrassing to put it all out there for the world to read. But, I do so in hopes that someone else like me sees it and is (hopefully!) inspired by what I am doing. That they know they can do it too.
And, I signed up for The 3 Day today! Hopefully I can lose (at least) 40 lbs while training for it. Any "stuff" I sell, I will put the money towards my fundraising for the event.
Onto today's Operation 1600 items:
1. kelty kid backpack (found a home for it too!)
2. fisher-price animal train
3. steering wheel toy
4. pooh stuffie that talks
5. craft supply- pillowcase
6. craft supply- pillowcase
7. broken (!) tiara
8. stuffed monkey (an advertisement for something)
9. transformer (after I stepped on it, OUCH!)
10. toy keys, that make way too much noise!
11. stuffed duck that quacks songs (want it? Yeh, me neither!)
12. plastic elephant
13. Mary Engelbreit cookie cookbook (can't eat wheat, why bother keeping!?)
14. Book: Lark and Termite
15. Book: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
16. Book: Everybody in the Pool
17. Book: Capital Crimes
18. book: Super Baby Food
19. book: Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
20. book: Dear John
21. Book: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
22. pink flamingo toy
23. pink sundress (one of my favourites of Punkin's)
24. pink princess bathrobe
25. denim jumper
26. gingham sundress
27. heart bathing suit
28. tinkerbell nightie
29. pink dress
30. leggings for said dress
31. pink plaid blouse
32. white shirt
33. April Cornell jumper (darling- hard to part with, but know it's going to a good home)
34. red sweater
35. play pants
36. sweat pants
37. penguin PJs
38. penguin PJs
39. orange t-shirt
40. brown shirt
Going to drop a load off to Goodwill tomorrow after preschool. I know if I get it out of the house right away, I won't be tempted to go back and take something out. I speak from experience.